Monday, March 9, 2009

Zen Master(s) of the Week!


(Pictured from left to right: Darci, Dinah, and Dylan)


Our Zen Masters for this week are Dinah, Dylan and Darci. We interviewed their mommy this weekend and this is what she had to say about her babies!!

DZD: What are the three D’s Ages?


Dinah will be 6 on May 24th, Dylan will be 2 on August 6th, and Darci will be 2 on October 19th.



DZD: What’s the funniest thing they have ever done as a group?


They make me laugh every day so it’s hard to think of one thing. Mostly it’s just the way they play together. And it’s especially hilarious when Darci crawls under Dylan and carries her around on her (Darci’s) back. It’s like Dylan is getting a lift!



DZD: You show Dinah in both Agility and Rally outside of coming to the Zen Den – What is your favorite thing about competing in the dog sports?


I’d have to say that it’s the bond you develop with your dog. You’re really a team and it’s just plain fun to play with your dog! When Dinah first starting competing in agility, I didn’t run (or handle) her, but rather some very talented and agile friends did that for me. Just recently I’ve started handling her and it’s really made a difference in the way Dinah competes. While she’s always enjoyed agility, many people have commented on how much happier she is running with me. And I know it’s MUCH more fun participating than just watching!

In addition I love that the dog sports keep her healthy. It makes for strong bones and muscles. It keeps her body AND her mind fit. Dogs need a job so as not to get bored. Which is why I’m seriously considering starting to work with my young ones, Dylan and Darci also.



DZD: What are their favorite toys and favorite treats?


LOL! For toys it anything that has fur and squeaks, and that include each other! For treats it’s anything they can get their teeth on, but I’d have to say that cheese and chicken are tied for the #1 spot.




DZD: Obviously the Italian Greyhound is not a breed that most people are used to seeing!! What do you find is the neatest/most unusual thing about owning this breed?



I’d have to say it’s losing my anonymity. I can’t go anywhere with them without someone stopping me and asking me about the girls. Most common questions include:

- Is that a Whippet?

- Is that a Miniature Greyhound?

- How big will they get?

- Aren’t you afraid you’re going to break them?

I love that it gives me an opportunity to introduce people to this most wonderful breed. They make it so easy to be a good IG Ambassador.



DZD: If each of the girls could be any celebrity, who do you think they would be and why?


Dinah would be Audrey Hepburn because they’re both so beautiful, elegant, graceful and fun. And I can just picture Dinah standing in front of Tiffany’s admiring the baubles.

Dylan would be Gilda Radner, the lovable clown. Not the most beautiful girl in the world, but as funny and as loving as they come.

Darci would be Julia Roberts - beautiful, yet gawky. Tall, slender, loves life and is afraid of nothing.

No comments: